Discover careers at MKA whether you’re an experienced accountant or a junior taking your first steps toward an accounting career. We’d like to help you discover your future with MKA. Check out life at MKA to see if our culture is the right fit for you.
Or follow us on social media to experience the highlights of our accounting careers firsthand.
We are a boutique firm with offices in Orlando and North Palm Beach, Florida. Our firm is made up of over 75 professional and administrative personnel including 10 partners.
A healthy work-life balance and company culture have always been a priority for us as evidenced by our awards.
To learn more about our company mission, visit our about page.
We’re always looking for new talented professionals! Don’t see an open position that matches your skill set? Fill out our form located at the bottom of the page. We’ll keep your info on file if a position becomes available that matches your experience.
Our Highlights Reel
1. Family Friendly Business for Better Work-Life Balance
Discover careers that respect the importance of family. We know your family is important to your success and try to include them in many of our activities. We lineup activities throughout the year to consistently provide fun internal events, from food trucks to Beer Cart Fridays. We have been listed as one of the Top 100 places for working families five years in a row by the Orlando Sentinel.
2. Career Development Advancing Our Employees Accounting Careers
Our annual career meetings have replaced the evaluation program. We prefer to primarily focus on the future and help our employees build successful, fulfilling accounting careers. We provide continual internal and external training firm wide on the most up to date technical areas and soft skills needed to be successful. We empower our employee to take charge of their career and provide many resources to help them succeed in their goals.
3. Be a Part of the BDO Alliance
We are an active and involved member of the BDO Alliance. our partners attend the national and international conferences each year. Our membership in the BDO Alliance allows us to be a large local firm with the resources of the fifth largest firm in the world.
4. Grow with Us – Rapidly Growing Firm
Approaching 60% growth for the past three years and succeeding even through tough national economic times. Listed as one of the Top 5 Fastest Growing Firms in the country by Inside Public Accounting four times since 2011. We have also earned a spot as a Fast50 company in Orlando by the Orlando Business Journal in 2019. Careers at MKA open employees of all levels to growth opportunities.
5. Community Involvement and Client Events
We actively support many of our nonprofit clients by attending fundraisers, volunteering our time, and supporting their missions.
6. Location, Location, Location
Our office is located in beautiful Winter Park, just five miles north of downtown Orlando. Winter Park offers some of the best restaurants, specialty shops and hangouts, all within walking distance of our office. Our second location is in elegant North Palm Beach on Highway US One.
10 Month Internship Program (Half Audit / Half Tax) – January and August Start Dates
- Individuals working toward undergraduate degree in accounting, or higher.
- Good communication, teamwork skills and technology literate.
- Work under somewhat limited supervision and performing a variety of more complex work.
- Willing to handle concurrent assignments and work directly with clients.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred.
Examples of Candidate’s Responsibilities
- Perform accounting procedures and tax work in accordance with professional and firm standards in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of basic accounting, auditing, reporting requirements and prepare complex footnote disclosures and financial statements.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of tax code and preparation requirements in accordance with the Firm standards.
- Understanding of concepts, procedures and techniques and applies concepts of materiality, audit risk and documentation.
Experienced Tax AccountantLocation: Palm Beach Requirements
- Hold Bachelor's degree in Accounting (minimum)
- Experience with construction industry, non-profits, and trust tax accounting
- Ability to anticipate and address client concerns and escalating issues as they arise
- Ability to self-direct and manage multiple deadlines
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Thomson Reuters Suite of Products and Microsoft Office products